POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

I have a presentation coming up next week...help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Belinda Leman View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Belinda Leman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have a presentation coming up next week...help!
    Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 11:33

I have a large presentation coming up next week and I am supposed to present the next quarters corporate targets and ambitions.

It is the first time I have had to present in front of the company board in the boardroom and I really REALLY need help.

Belinda
Jonathan Stock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Jonathan Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 11:40

Hi Belinda,

welcome to the PowerPoint Forum.

There are basically 3 things to always remember when presenting in the boardroom.
  1. Visual Aids
  2. Rehearsing
  3. Key Arguments

Visual Aids
Help you communicate with your audience far better than bullet points or text. In fact some researchers claim that up to 55% of audience retention is visual, whilst only 7% is text based.

So firstly, if you need oyur audience to remember what you're saying, think about using more visuals in your presentation and slides.

Rehearsing
The key to knowing how long to speak about a specific subject or topic, and how to time your overall presentation length.

Key Arguments
There is an expression called The Rule of Three. The rule of three basically states that any indivudal can remember up to 3 things at one time before there is a possibility of the individual forgetting.

In your presentation try to focus on only 3 core topics and discuss them clearly and concisely.

Wishing you all the best with your presentation Belinda, and hope I have been of some help.

Jonathan Stock
Presentation Consultant, www.123ppt.com

Quote Belinda Leman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 11:42

Wow Jonathan,

thank you so much for your detailed and fast reply.

I'll keep them all in mind. To be honest I was a bit worried that I had too much text.

I was wondering should I use more photographs. Or perhaps illustrations?

(feeling alot  better)

Belinda

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Jonathan Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 11:46

It is a tough call really Belinda. In many ways photographic images are great to express a feeling.

For example, some of the Nature photographs in the 123PPT Presentation Photo Gallery, http://www.123ppt.com/photos/, express beauty, freedom, etc.,

photo of a drop of water might express the David v Goliath feeling, or one drop can make a large ripple etc.,

An illustration would be more relevant I think if you were specifically trying to ilustrate a point. For example, your organization's value chain.

I think really it's about viewing your subject/ key argument and evaluating the best way to project your point visually.

Jonathan Stock

Quote Belinda Leman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 11:48

I'm thinking about a specific subject which is our business in Europe, and more importantly, it's profitability and ability to meet our sales ambitions and targets.

Do you think an illustration would be best to ilustrate this?

Belinda

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Jonathan Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 11:51

I would recommend, the Euro Photo.

It's a perfect image of the Euro currency and used as an illustration/ image on screen, you could then inform your audience about European growth etc. as it would be relevant being monetary and Europe.

It seems to me the perfect illustration for your argument Belinda.
Jonathan Stock
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 11:53

What not try the the Credit Card Presentation Photo, or the Cheque Book Presentation Photo?

Maybe they give you more flexibility?

Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Jonathan Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 11:54

Admin,

I understand your idea, but I think the image of the Euro currency is more specific and probably illustrates the point more precisely.

Jonathan Stock

Quote Belinda Leman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 11:56

I'm going to have to go with Jonathan. I agree and think the Euro image is ideal.

Thanks for all your advice and input and help.

Belinda

Quote Belinda Leman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 11:58

Just one more thing quick question...

Jonathan, are you perhaps able to help me with my content?

I mean perhaps looking at my text copy and giving me your expert opinion?

I am a bit worried about the amount of text and need some help editing it and making it more concise.

Belinda
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>