POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

What is the difference between a video background and a PowerPoint template?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rebel MC View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rebel MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the difference between a video background and a PowerPoint template?
    Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 08:06
Hey everyone!

I'm kinda interested in the concept of using video backgrounds instead of powerpoint templates to make my presentations stand out and look a bit more professional. But what's the real value in using video backgrounds over powerpoint templates?

If I use video backgrounds in powerpoint will I lose some of the features of my powerpoint template?

Cheers -
Rebel MC 
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 08:34
Hi Rebel MC, welcome to the 123PPT Community!
Nice to have you here with us.

video background is precisely what it says a video file that is intended to play in the background of your slides in PowerPoint and behind PowerPoint slide content.

As a video file, a video background will play from start to finish and depending upon how the video background is used or inserted by able to loop continuously throughout the slide or your PowerPoint presentation.

A video background is a lot like a PowerPoint Background in that it is a media file which can be assigned to the background of a slide. Although a video background of course is much more dynamic as it is a movie playing rather than a static image or color gradient.

A PowerPoint Template is not a media file. A PowerPoint template is a graphic shell that is used by PowerPoint to hold your slide content and has values such as Title Master and Slide Master design and layouts, Font colors, font sizes, font uses etc.,
Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
Rebel MC View Drop Down

Quote Rebel MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 08:36
Hey admin,
thanks for the explanation about the differences between a video background and a powerpoint template but I'm interested in knowing what's the real value in using video backgrounds over powerpoint templates? And if I use video backgrounds will they totally screw up my powerpoint template designs and layouts?

Cheers -
Rebel MC
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 08:50
The real value of using video backgrounds in PowerPoint is that they add dyanmism and transform slides from static stills into more visually attractive slides for your audience to view.

If you use the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio to insert your video backgrounds in PowerPoint then the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio goes beyond this and transforms your static presentation into a dynamic "TV-Style" presentation that plays full screen in full motion even in resolutions up to broadcast quality full High-Definition (HD).

The 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio removes the barriers between slides so that the whole presentation appears and plays more like a movie and film than a slideshow.

It can achieve this because if, for example, a video background is playing on two slides which are side by side, for example slides 3 and 4 of your presentation then when you "click" to move from slide 3 to slide 4 your audience does not see a jump to the next slide and the video background playing in the background plays without dropping frames so it looks simply as if your presentation is a film and is just playing.

So firstly, Rebel MC, video backgrounds in comparison to PowerPoint templates, have the power to really engage and make your audience sit up and take notice because they allow you to create more visually interesting slides that play together as a movie.

When you insert video backgrounds into your PowerPoint presentations using the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio (which by the way is available as a free 14 day trial version you are effectively replacing the background of your slide in the PowerPoint template with a video background. Your PowerPoint template is still intact and you use PowerPoint as you would normally and inserting slides still contain your Slide Master layouts and designs, color and font settings etc.,

Inserting a video background merely replaces the static image of the slide with a video background and does not disrupt or change the other settings of your PowerPoint template.
Admin, 123PPT
Rebel MC View Drop Down

Quote Rebel MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 08:54
OK! That's cool admin. Thanks for your help and explanation.

So basically if I understand correctly, video backgrounds won't mess up my slide and font settings in powerpoint even if I have finished with my slide and all the content of my presentation. 

If I then insert a video background your 123ppt video backgrounds studio won't mess up my slide or content?

Cheers -
Rebel MC
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 09:03
A video background is a media file. So if you had finished your PowerPoint presentation and then decided to change the background of a slide you would normally right mouse-click the slide and edit the background.

PowerPoint's in built options allow you to change the background image, change the background color, or create a gradient color fill.

Using any of these options does not update, change or impact on your slide content. When you edit the background of your slide you are simply updating the background of the slide, not updating the content placeholder settings of the PowerPoint template.

When you use the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio to insert a video background in PowerPoint and update the background of your slide or slides with video backgrounds. The 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio inserts the video behind your slide content so that it can play. PowerPoint does not allow you to do this and if you want to insert and use video backgrounds in PowerPoint then you must use the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio.

Just like PowerPoint's background update options, the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio does not update slide content, the content placeholder settings or the color of your fonts etc, in PowerPoint.

The 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio simply inserts a video background into the background of your slide and provides you with additional controls such as aspect ratio, color, transparency and play back speed settings to let you control the video background on your slide or slides.

To change slide content, you simply use PowerPoint as you normally would selecting text to change font colors for example.
Admin, 123PPT
Rebel MC View Drop Down

Quote Rebel MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 09:05
So I can do more than just insert a video background using the 123PPT video backgrounds studio?

Cheers -
Rebel MC
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 09:13
Yes Rebel MC.

With the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio you can insert individual video backgrounds to individual slides, groups of slides or a single video background across your entire PowerPoint presentation.

You can control the aspect ratio of your video background so that it competely fills your slide background without disorting slide content.

You can change the color of your video backgrounds in real-time, adjust their play back speed, change their transparency levels to fade them down and make them more discreet or make them more opaque so that they gain more attention.

You can even download and use YouTube movies as video backgrounds in the Lite Edition and Deluxe Edition of the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio.

We provide several product screenshots to let you see a selection of the functionality, features and tools that the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio provides presenters and PowerPoint user.
Admin, 123PPT
Rebel MC View Drop Down

Quote Rebel MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 09:14
Gonna download the free trial edition now admin. I have a feeling that this is exactly what I've been searching for to make my presentations really standout.

Cheers -
Rebel MC
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 09:18
Sure thing Rebel MC.

If you go to http://www.123ppt.com/video-backgrounds-studio/download.asp you'll be able to download the installation package which also contains 10 free video backgrounds. 5 in standard 4:3 aspect ratio and 5 in widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio to let you choose and use the video backgrounds best suited to your PowerPoint presentations and monitor settings.

If your firewall is blocking WinZip files and downloads we provide an alternative link at http://www.123ppt.com/video-backgrounds-studio/downloadunzipped.asp which lets you download the Windows installer.
Admin, 123PPT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>