POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

How can I use video backgrounds in PowerPoint?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Galliano View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Galliano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can I use video backgrounds in PowerPoint?
    Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 06:52

I've purchased a subscription to video backgrounds from another provider but I can't seem to import them into PowerPoint. When I insert any of the video backgrounds they go infront of my text.

How can I get my video backgrounds to play behind my text in PowerPoint?
powerpoint dude View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote powerpoint dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 07:33
Hey Galliano!

Where did you buy your subscription to video backgrounds?
Galliano View Drop Down

Quote Galliano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 07:35
From a company called Crystal Graphics. Have you heard of them?

I've been playing the video backgrounds in Windows Media Player and the quality sucks. They look really really bad. I'm hoping they will look better in PowerPoint, but I haven't figured out how to insert them as backgrounds in PowerPoint yet. Any ideas?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote powerpoint dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 07:41
Yep. I've heard of them Galliano. I think if you search the forum and community here you'll find quite a few poeple who have. Sadly, not too much positive things to say about them I'm afraid.

From what I've read they don't make their own products Galliano. They're just a reseller. I checked our their site and think it's quite funny that they try to use the trademark (TM) symbol after the term Video Backgrounds. As if they can "own" or trademark a generic term LOL

So you paid $150 for the subscription?
Galliano View Drop Down

Quote Galliano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 07:46
Yes. But I'm not happy at all. They look terrible. The quality is rubbish and I'm really disappointed.

They say on their site that the videos play at 30 frames per second but there's no way that's true. I've gone through several clips and they're not playing at 30 a second no way.

And how can these be video backgrounds? They don't seem to play in the background in PowerPoint. Am I missing something here?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote powerpoint dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 08:01
I haven't actually ever used any of their video backgrounds Galliano so can't really say if their frame rate claims are true or not. But I have tried their Video Backgrounds Player and I can tell you that no matter waht they claim about video frame rates doesn't mean a bit of difference because that ancient piece of software can't play more than 15 frames a second.

You used to be able to download a free trial of their Video Backgrounds Player but after 123PPT launched the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio that disappeared so now you have to pay for it in advance before you can try it and uninstall it.

I tried their trial Vidoe Backgrounds Player and man o man it sucked. If they could figure out a way to put a bag on it and a brush you could use it as a vacuum cleaner. Seriously!

They're selling a subscription to video files but as to their value as being "video backgrounds" Galliano it's hard to say. To play any video in the background of your slides in PowerPoint you need an add-in that lets you insert the video as a background into PowerPoint.

Crystal Graphics have theirs and 123PPT have theirs. That's basically it. You 2 options.

You can pay Crystal Graphics another $150 to get access to their player and try it out or you can download the 123PPT one for free.

Not a hard choice to make really is it?

By the way, if you search the forums you'll find users who have bought the Crystal Graphics Video Player and had to uninstall it because it was so bad (....like I told you so already...and trust me experience counts!) and these guys can't seem to get hold of Crystal Graphics to get their money back even though they apparently offer a 30 day money back guarantee and I quote from their site

"CrystalGraphics, Inc. guarantees satisfaction or your money back. "

Talk is cheap though if the reality is that people buying their products are dissatisfied and can't get their money back.
Galliano View Drop Down

Quote Galliano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 08:06

F**king A! How come no one warned me about these guys before I bought their subscription?

I knew there was something about their video backgrounds. At first I thought. Ok maybe it's just the way Windows Media Player is playing them but I kept thinking why would they look any better in PowerPoint.

The truth is they're gonna suck even more in PowerPoint than they do in Media Player right?

There's no way I'm buying their video player or whatever the hell it is.

powerpoint dude, do you know if I can use the videos from my subscription in the 123PPT solution?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote powerpoint dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 08:10
Not with the trial edition. The free 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio Trial Edition comes with 10 videos. 5 in standard 4:3 format and 5 in 16:9 widescreen format so you can try the formats best suited for your machine.

The 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio also has a little nifty control called Aspect ratio which lets you adjust the aspect ratio of your video backgrounds to fill the entire screen without distorting content (something you absolutely cannot do with Crystal Graphics Video Player which distorts your video backgrounds and all your slide text andf image content).
Galliano View Drop Down

Quote Galliano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 08:17
It's just bad news after bad news. I'm so pissed with these Crystal Graphics guys. I'm getting a refund for my subscription.

Stand by community. I'll keep you posted if I get my money back or not.

powerpoint dude, thanks for your help man. Wished I had spent more time researching options before jumping into my decision. The 123PPT solution seems the way to go and I see the Lite Edition license is under $50 so less than a third of the Crystal Graphics player as well.

How does this Crystal Graphics company survive? By tricking hapless fools like me I guess into parting with my cash before trying the goods first?

Guess the moral of the story powerpoint dude is if Crystal Graphics products were any good you would get free trials and the chance to test them first. Interesting what you said about you used to be able to but you can't anymore. The fact you can't get a free trial is probably an alarm bell and a cause to stay way clear.

Thanks again powerpoint dude. Talk to you later!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote powerpoint dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 08:19
You got it Galliano.

Download the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio Trial Edition first and check it out. You can try it for 14 days for free and if you like it buy it. If you don't just uninstall it. Doesn't cost you a thing.

See you around :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>