POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

Why can't I import DVD movies into the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EricaM View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote EricaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why can't I import DVD movies into the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio?
    Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 10:56
Hello 123PPT. My first post so please don't kill me if I am asking a silly or simple question.

I am trying to import a DVD into the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio to use in my PowerPoint presentation but the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio doesn't seem to read or recognize the DVD in my drive. Is there a reason for this? I thought the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio works and plays back up to full HD? But DVD is a lower screen format than DVD isn't it?

Any help, really appreciated.
Erica
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 11:16
Hi Erica!
Welcome to the 123PPT Community. Nice to have you here with us.

The 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio can and does play back in full High-Defintion (HD) which is classed as 1080p or 1920x1080 pixels.

In fact it can play back at even higher screen resolutions Erica such as 1920x1200 and even higher without difficulty.

A DVD disc, which it seems you are trying to import, is not a standard Windows video file. DVD discs use a format called .VOB or Video Object files. VOB files are based on the MPEG program stream format, but with additional limitations and specifications. For your pc to run a DVD disc it needs a DVD player in order to read the VOB file format and display the DVD content.

Because VOB is not a default Windows video file format Erica, your DVD would need to be converted firstly to a video file that your pc can play without the need of special DVD player software.

Default Windows video file formats such as:
  • .WMV
  • .MPG
  • .AVI

Can all be read and imported directly by the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio.

In addition the 123PPT Video Background also lets you import YouTube movies which are in Adobe Flash Video format (.FLV).

To convert your DVD disc into a standard Windows video file format you can use one of the many free DVD Conversion programs available online which will allow you to convert your DVD to .WMV, .MPG or .AVI.

Once converted, you can import your video for use as a video background in your PowerPoint presentations by simply selecting the Your Video option from the Import Video section of the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio.

Of course you should always make sure if you are converting a DVD for use in your PowerPoint presentations that you are not violating any copyright or use rights Erica that the DVD publisher may have in respect to the DVD material.
Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply