POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

HELP! Problem playing video backgrounds from poweredtemplates.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rocky012 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rocky012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Problem playing video backgrounds from poweredtemplates.com
    Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 02:12

I purchased some video backgrounds from a site called poweredtemplates last year. They said they were video backgrounds for PowerPoint. They even list them as video backgrounds for PowerPoint but when I downloaded and tried to use them in PowerPoint they always appear in front of the text on my slides.

If wasn't until later I learned that you can't use video backgrounds in PowerPoint and that you need your product the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio to be able to insert video backgrounds in PowerPoint.

So okay, my first dumb mistake. My second seems to be having purhcased your deluxe license for the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio that when I import the video backgrounds I purchased from poweredtemplates they look awful and worse play really badly in my PowerPoint presentations.

I know this is probably not something you can help me with, but I've tried to complain to poweredtemplates and they just don't want to help at all or listen.

Is there a reason why the video backgrounds from poweredtemplates play so badly?

Appreciate any help with this.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 02:43
Hi rocky and welcome to the 123PPT Community!

Ok so you made your first mistake, buying video backgrounds from a third-party like poweredtemplates Embarrassed

The video backgrounds offered at that site are firstly absolutely not for PowerPoint rocky.

It's a shame that sites such as poweredtemplates trick and fool users rocky and it seems you are another one of their victims unfortunately.

Firstly by offering Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint when infact they don't provide any solution for using video backgrounds in PowerPoint is like selling you a car without gasoline so you can't even take it off the lot.

That they don't inform users in advance that you cannot insert and use video as backgrounds in PowerPoint without the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio is perhaps even worse because its like selling you a car without an engine and not telling you until after you bought the car that you can't use it.

So users purchase their video backgrounds without knowing if or how they can actually be used in their PowerPoint presentations.

If you look at the specifications of their "video backgrounds for PowerPoint" you can see there are several problems.

For example, the files play at only 15 frames per second. This is approximately half the speed of digital or television. In otherwords, it's not smooth and any video rendered at 15 frames per second is going to play a bit jerky and provide poor visual results.

You'll also see that they are encoded at 5300Kbps. This means in order to play they need to transfer data at 5300 Kilobyes per second which is not always possible for example on laptops or on computers running several processes and having PowerPoint open in addition. So play back becomes even slower that the already slow 15 frames per second.

Sadly all video backgrounds provided by this site are only in 640 x480 or 4:3 aspect ratio format also. This is fine if you are running your monitor in 4:3 aspect ratio screen resolutions such as 1024x768 or 1600x1200. But if your computer is running in a 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio and in screen resolutions such as 1280x768 or 1920 x 1080 then the video background will not fill the screen and leave wide black bars either side of the screen.

My suggestion rocky is to take contact with our Customer Services Department through the CONTACT US option in the left hand menu and refer to this thread and your situation. We may be able to re-edit your video backgrounds for you and make them more suitable for your PowerPoint presentations and for use in the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio.
Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
rocky012 View Drop Down

Quote rocky012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 03:03
Thanks admin.

I am really angry with poweredtemplates and have already posted what I think about their site, cheap sales tactics and dispicable service on my blog and Facebook page. If I can stop just one PowerPoint user from being caught out and tricked from buying their video backgrounds then it worth it.

I will contact your Customer Services and hopefully they can help improve the video backgrounds I purchased from poweredtemplates.

I just want them to look as good and play as smooth as the free video backgrounds you provide in the trial of the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio.

I know I should probably just give up with the poweredtemplates video backgrounds but they were so expensive and almost $30 each.

I really wish I had found 123PPT earlier. I could have purchased one of your collections and got 12 video backgrounds for the price of just 3 from poweredtemplates.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 03:19
No problem rocky. I totally hear your frustration.

Keep an eye on our PowerPoint Video Backgrounds section. Our designers and motion artists are creating new video backgrounds all the time and I know several new titles are soon to be released.

I know I am probably biased, but the great thing about our video backgrounds is that you will always have the peace of mind in knowing that every video background from 123PPT is a professional seamless loop that looks fantastic and plays at an incredibly smooth 25 frames per second. Optimized for PowerPoint and optimized for use in the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio. 

In the end isn't this what every provider of presentation resources job should be about? To provide you with the best video backgrounds and the best tools for PowerPoint that let you make the best PowerPoint presentations possible and help you make your next PowerPoint presentation even better.
Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply