POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

DirectX codec error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DirectX codec error
    Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 12:26
Hi CowGirl,
welcome to the 123PPT Community and PowerPoint Forum.

YouTube videos are uploaded by users in all differing kinds of file formats and with differing codecs and differing encoding rates.

Playing any uploaded video back through the YouTube Player is simple because YouTube re-encodes videos, movies and files to play from their servers.

The problem in downlaoding these files to your machine for use as a video background is that it is not always guaranteed that you have the correct codecs required on your system to play back these YouTube files as video backgrounds.

When you install the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio, several components are installed including the 123PPT Play & Share, the 123PPT Presentations Player and the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack.

The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is installed to ensure that any video file, YouTube movie or YouTube video that you import or download into the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio for use as a video background in your PowerPoint presentations can be played and can be correctly re-encoded using standard Windows codecs to ensure that the video background will play back on any and every pc computer without needing to install any codecs or special software.

When you install the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio for PowerPoint, if you are running an antivirus or malware application that is set to very high or overly sensitive, it may well be that one or more of the components of the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio get blocked from installing correctly.

If, as it appears in this instance the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is blocked from installing, then when you download a YouTube video to use as a video background, a codec on your syste, which nearest matches the required standard codec is used to convert the video file.

Although the video will convert, it will not conform to a universal Windows standard if your default codecs have been changed or removed by other third-party software and the codec used to convert your YouTube video was instead one of the other available codecs on your machine.

When playing back the video background in your presentation the 123PPT Presentations Player will note the video background is not comforming to universal standards and advises to update Direct X or system codecs to correct the problem.

Your application is fine and your PowerPoint presentation is fine CowGirl, but it does seem that the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack was blocked from installing and that you have non standard Windows codecs on your machine.

To correct the problem simply:
  1. Download the latest K-Lite Mega Codec Pack and install these codecs on your machine.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Delete the YouTube video that you have converted to a video background on your computer using the MANAGE function in the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio.
  4. Select the YouTube function in the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio and enter the URL of the YouTube video again to correctly download and convert the video to a video background.

When you now insert the video background to your slide or slides you will see your presentation and video backgrounds now play perfectly.

You never need to do this again CowGirl, it was simply because the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack was blocked by your system security settings at the time of installing the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio and now that you have installed the Codec Pack manually your software will run and operate as intended.
Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
CowGirl23 View Drop Down

Quote CowGirl23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 23:56
Hello,

I recently purchased the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio Deluxe Edition and think it is amazing but I have run into a little problem. Whenever I download and import a YouTube video everything seems to go fine but when I try to play a YouTube video that has been converted into a video background on a slide I get an alert pop up box telling me that there is an error and I need to install the latest Direct X drivers and codecs for my machine.

I thought I had the latest Direct X drivers installed. Is there a problem with the software?

It only seems to be happening whenever I try to use a converted YouTube video as a video background.

Thanks for assistance.
CowGirl23 View Drop Down

Quote CowGirl23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 07:16
Hey admin,

the K-Lite download fixed the problem and the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio is now working brilliantly!

The YouTube movies import function is just fantastic. Love the resolution options and the movies play perfectly as video backgrounds. My PowerPoint has never looked better!

I really REALLY do love your software. So easy and so simple to use. It is the best thing ever for PowerPoint. Thanks so much again.
 Post Reply Post Reply