POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

How Do I Get Rid Of This?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hassy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Do I Get Rid Of This?
    Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 06:01

Hi. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to make this go away. When I do the layout with just a title and the text box, (without bullets), for some reason it automatically indents every line after the first line. I don't want it to do that. I tried to use "justified" text allignment, but it just justifies it based on that indent so every thing winds up slightly off to the right.

I've included a picture of the indent that I'm talking about. (Apparently I can't do that, so here's a link to the pic). Please help.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u50/p0wder2/DeleteThis.jpg

Jonathan Stock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Jonathan Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 07:07

Every Slide that you insert into your PowerPoint presentation is generated from the Slide Master.

If your slide automatically indents your text to the right for example, then this is because the settings of the Text Holder in the Slide Master are set to do this.

To align your text differently, or otherwise set the ident settings manually, simply open your presentation and choose View > Master > Slide Master from the main menu. This will now open your PowerPoint Template to allow you to make "global" changes to your presentation such as set text identation, font sizes, colors, etc.,

If you are using a blank slide design then you will most likely see the text Click to edit Master text styles in the main content holder beneath which various levels of indented text and bullet types are displayed.

These descriptions and bullets represent the various formatting of your text when you choose to indent it.

If the first level text is indented and you do not wish it to be so, then simply select the text and drag the first margin arrow which you can see above the slide all the way to the left. This will align the text as far to the left as possible removing the indent.

If the first level of text is showing a bullet point and you do not wish the first level text to have a bullet bullet, again simply select the first level text (Click to edit Master text styles), and then select Format > Bullets and Numbering from the main menu. You will see a bullet design selected. Simply select None and press OK to remove the automatic bullet point assign to this level of text.

You are free to customize and alter all levels of text as you wish. Bearing in mind that each indent slider arrow pair you see on the ruler represents the amount of indentation for both the bullet point (the arrow on the lower side of the ruler), and the amount of indentation between the text and the bullet point (the arrow on the upper side of the ruler).

When you are finished adjusting and realigning your font indents, simply close the Slide Master View to return to your presentation and review your updated slide changes.

Jonathan Stock
Presentation Consultant, www.123ppt.com
hassy View Drop Down

Quote hassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 08:08
Very informative.  Thank you.  I also learned to just change the indentation on the one slide by using the View > Ruler and then dragging the grey pointers.  I like posting on different sites.  I'm getting more info that way.  Thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply