POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

Video not playing in powerpoint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
powerpoint menace View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote powerpoint menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video not playing in powerpoint
    Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 05:18

I have two movie files (.mov) which will not play in powerpoint. I have embedded the files and saved the presentation but when i view the presentation on another machine the video does not play. What is wrong?

Thanks, Josie

Charles Henry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Charles Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 05:24

Hi powerpoint menace,

Firstly, PowerPoint does not allow you to embed video into a presentation. PowerPoint only links to video files rather than embeds them into the presentation itself. There are many reasons for this powerpoint menace, but the main reason is to reduce the actual file size of the presentation ppt file. By simply linking to the files rather than embedding them, the ppt file itself is much smaller, opens faster, requires, fewer system resources and therefore runs smoother.

So when you link your video files you will need to copy them over to the same folder as the ppt file on another machine in order to play the video files from the presentation.

I noticed however that you mention your files are .mov video files, or rather Quicktime Movie files.

Quicktime is a format created by Apple and is not as standard a component of the Windows operating system and requires a seperate player in which to run movies. So if your video files are in Quicktime format (.mov) you will need to install the Quicktime Player on the other machine and understand that this will launch when you play the movie.

An alternative powerpoint menace is to convert the Quicktime movie files into another format which is inherent in Windows such as .AVI. These files can play from within your presentation itself and therefore either play automatically, after X seconds, or otherwise controlled by PowerPoint Actions.

The problem with AVI files themselves is that they are large. Much larger than Quicktime Movies which are compressed.
Charles Henry,
Creative Director, www.123ppt.com
powerpoint menace View Drop Down

Quote powerpoint menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 05:28
I can't convert video Charles. I have no clue how to do that. How can I play Quicktime Movies in PowerPoint? I need to do this today.

Josie
Charles Henry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Charles Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 05:40
If you need to play Quicktime Movies in PowerPoint then I would recommend the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio.

Perhaps it would also be wise to review a previous thread from a user earlier this week who faced the same problem and also needed to play Quicktime Movies in PowerPoint rather than linking to them and opening them in the Quicktime Player.

Hope this helps.
Charles Henry,
Creative Director, www.123ppt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply