POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

Powerpoint video in church

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gary Barkley View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gary Barkley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powerpoint video in church
    Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 01:52

I recently purchased some video loops that are simply movie backgrounds and want to use them for the background for song lyrics at church.  I can figure out animated gifs but when I put the words over top of any hymn or psalm the words seem to disappeart behind the video and they disappear when I try to present it in view show or SlideShow.

It seems the videos are working fine but the words don't stay up. They are there in front of the slides before I view it but disappear when I play the presentation.

I have seen others use video in Powerpoint that played behind text just like any other background so why can't I? 

I have checked the video files themselves and some are in mpg and some are in mov file formats. I am running Powerpoint 2007. What am I doing wrong?

Gary Barkley...Help...!!
Charles Henry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Charles Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 02:09
Hey Gary,

welcome to the 123PPT Community and PowerPoint Forum.

As so often is the case these days, alot of online retailers are offering subscriptions to PowerPoint Video Backgrounds or Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint giving the impression that once they purchase a subscription to video backgrounds that it is really just a case of inserting them in PowerPoint and your PowerPoint presentations will suddenly be transformed.

This is not the case.

Firstly Gary, PowerPoint does not let you insert or use video backgrounds in PowerPoint or on ppt slides. Infact if you try to insert video in PowerPoint, the only way you can do it is to use the Insert command which will only allow you to insert video in front of text or any other slide content. This is because PowerPoint itself doesn't even play video! PowerPoint uses an MCI Player controller which plays the video for PowerPoint but this player launches in front of slide content so anything you have on your slide such as text or words of a pslam or a hymn will get pushed behind the3 video once the slides play and your video background suddenly becomes a "video foreground".

Ironic I know, that retailers can offer video backgrounds but when you want to use them they become video foregrounds.

The good news Gary, is that in 2008 we created the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio for PowerPoint.

The 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio lets you insert video backgrounds or YouTube movies into PowerPoint to play behind your text and content in slides.

With the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio you can insert your video backgrounds from your video background subscription into PowerPoint to play behind psalms, hymns, sermons, poems, and any other texts or images you wish to present in church or to your congregation.
Charles Henry,
Creative Director, www.123ppt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply