POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

Video causes power point to crash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Marky Mark View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Marky Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video causes power point to crash
    Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 03:57

Yo 123ppt!

I am having a major issue with a computer at work when trying to play a video in power point.
I have read the posts concerning this problem already, but those fixes did work.  I am speaking of the changing the filename and path name to something shorter.

Now, the exact problem I am receiving happens when we start the Slide Show.  I have tried starting the video automatically and by clicking, once the video should start it gives an error.  It says that microsoft power point has encountered an error and must close.  This happens every single time.

We have already tried to reinstall power point, and I have ran some malware and spyware software tests, but I am still having the same issue.

What is the best way to solve this problem?

Charles Henry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Charles Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 04:03
Hey Mark, welcome to the 123PPT Community and PowerPoint Forum.

PowerPoint can often experience difficulties playing video because of codecs, or more importantly because of missing codecs.

I would also recommend taking a look at PowerPoint won't play video like Media Player.

If the video is playing with Media Player but not in MCI Player, then there is a problem with the encoding of the video in that it has been encoded using a codec which is not default and not on the machine where you are experiencing difficulties.

Charles Henry,
Creative Director, www.123ppt.com
Marky Mark View Drop Down

Quote Marky Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 04:05

I forgot to mention that I have already successfully played it in the MCI Player, and the video works fine in the same power point on another computer.  In fact I also took a different video from another computer that worked successfully, tried it on the problem computer, and it is still giving that error.

I don't believe it is the codecs or lack of codecs because it works on another computer with no changes made to it.

Charles Henry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Charles Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 04:08
Then I don't believe that it is the video or the MCI Player itself that is the problem Mark but the graphics drivers on the machine and the PowerPoint video crash is simply highlighting the problem

Try downloading the latest video dirvers for the graphics card on the machine that is crashing.

PowerPoint can sometimes close or crash when attempting to play a video file which has been encoded uses codecs which even though the machine may have installed cannot interpret correctly due to the grahpics card driver itself.

This is most often a problem using AVI files rather than MPG (MPEG) or WMV files. However, the problem does still occur in PowerPoint when older graphics drivers are installed on the machine or existing graphics drivers have been overwritten by incorrect or corrupt driver files.

Charles Henry,
Creative Director, www.123ppt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply