POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

How do I play a video file from PowerPoint?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lisbeth View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Lisbeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I play a video file from PowerPoint?
    Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 01:47
I know how to play a video file in PowerPoint...that's ok. But the thing is I don't like the way that PowerPoint plays video, and I was wondering if it was possible to instead simply have a link or action that would open the video in its own external player?

You know like Media Player, or Quicktime or something?

I'd rather have that than having it playing on my slide and looking like some horrible stuck on blob.

Any help appreciated.

Lisbeth
Happy presenting so long as the audience is happy listening :)
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 01:50
Hi Lisbeth.

This forum is really for powerpoint video backgrounds and using video backgrounds in powerpoint. But I understand you're looking for help with alternative ways or methods of playing video from or in powerpoint.

I will give Charles a poke here and ask him to respond to your request so you can video playing in powerpoint the way you want it.
Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
Charles Henry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Charles Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 02:06

Hi Lisbeth,

to play your video media files externally from your PowerPoint presentation, simply:

• Select Hyperlink from the Insert option in the main menu.
  • Select the Browse for File to browse and select the video file that you wish your presentation slide to launch and play.
  • Click OK.

You'll find that your movie will now launch using the default media player for the movie type inserted / linked to in your presentation.

For example, Windows Media Player, or Apple's Quicktime Player.

I hope this helps.

Charles Henry,
Creative Director, www.123ppt.com
Lisbeth View Drop Down

Quote Lisbeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 02:23
Charles, you're my sweet prince!
It worked!!!!
Thank you so very very much.

Lisbeth
Happy presenting so long as the audience is happy listening :)
Charles Henry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Charles Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 02:37
You are very welcome Lisbeth.

Incidentally there is an alternative you may consider in your presentation.

Since we are in the video backgrounds for PowerPoint section I think it's apprpriate to mention the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio for PowerPoint.

The primary function of the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio is to allow presenters and users of Microsoft Office PowerPoint the ability to insert video backgrounds in PowerPoint presentations and be able to play video backgrounds in PowerPoint presentations.

Normally the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio is used to create a full motion more engaging presentation than is otherwise possible with just using PowerPoint alone. The 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio does this by letting you insert video backgrounds on every slide so that your PowerPoint template background images are replaced by full screen animated video backgrounds. Transforming static presentations into film and TV-style experiences for audiences.

But the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio can be used for many other purposes to. For example, to embed a full screen video clip in a presentation so that the clip appears to play in PowerPoint rather than needing to open in an external player and playing in PowerPoint at the full size of the slide rather than as a "blob" as you put it.

If you have for example 3 slides in your presentation and slide 1 was an introduction and contained bullet points to issue you were raising and then wished to play a video, film or movie. You could simply insert the movie as a video background on slide 2 which is otherwise a completely blank and empty slide. Slide 3 would then contain your closing arguments.

When you then play your presentation and progress through slide 1 reaching the end of your bullet point by simply clicking to the next slide your movie will play full screen inside PowerPoint, with no need for rescaling or opening of an external player. When the movie is finished you simply click to the next slide to go to slide 3.

For the audience the vidoe will appear as an integrated part of your presentation and they will not have to sit patiently while you open Windows Media Player, maximize it to fill the screen and when finished close Windows Media Player to return to your presentation.

With the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio your video is integrated in your presentation and it's just a slide, so there is no opening or closing of external applications or resizing required.

If you haven't tried the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio Lisbeth, I do recommend every presenter to download the free 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio Trial Edition.
Charles Henry,
Creative Director, www.123ppt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply