POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

Looking for advice on an internal presentation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Curious George View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Curious George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for advice on an internal presentation
    Posted: 30 May 2011 at 03:38

Hey guys,

nice powerpoint and presentation forum

I see I'm the first guy out...so here goes.

I have an internal sales presentation to give on Thursday morning, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice they could offer to help me "spice" it up a bit?

Our internal presentations are usually very mundane so I was hoping someone could just give me a few quick short pointers on how to add a bit more enthusiasm to the meeting.

Thanks in advance.

John
Jonathan Stock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Jonathan Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 03:43

Hi John, thanks for your question, and welcome to the 123PPT Community and PowerPoint Forum.

Was wondering John, what kind of strategy you use in your presentations?

For example, if you have positive sales results do you keep it all to the end? Do you inform your colleagues a little in the beginning?

An old presenters trick to keep your audience involved is to "set the scene" at the beginning of your presentation. For example, if you have landed a large client, met or surpassed budgets etc., begin with something like "Our growth continues", or "I'm always so happy to speak to you when I have such good news".

Beginning with something that motivates your team is the key to gettting their interest and allows you to build up to the cases you wish to report on during your presentation

Jonathan Stock
Presentation Consultant, www.123ppt.com
fareed jaunbocus View Drop Down

Quote fareed jaunbocus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 03:47

Hi John

My experience with internal presentations is that they could be a bit boring as people already have an image of you in the company.

The best thing that has worked with me is to show them slide effects that they have not seen before and impact them with a really good hilarious joke!

fareed jaunbocus

Quote Curious George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 04:08
Hey fareed,

what type of slide effects do you think could gain attention? I do want to make an impact but I'm not sure about getting impact with a joke. It's a serious organization and there will be snior management there so a joke or humour might be a bit out of place in the presentation. But I'm open to adding slide effects and getting attention so fire away!

John
fareed jaunbocus View Drop Down

Quote fareed jaunbocus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 04:12
How about starting with video backgrounds?

I've been using the 123ppt video backgrounds studio for a few weeks now and basically it does everything it says it can. It creates really cool effects on slides and really gets attention.

Or what about the 123ppt music and soundfx studio?

I haven't bought a license for the music studio yet because I've just been playing around with sound and getting used to making playlists and adding sound effects but it really makes my presentations sound cool. I think together with the video backgrounds studio you can really get some nice slide effects.

fareed jaunbocus
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Jonathan Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 04:29
Using humour in presentations or in any public speaking event is a delicate balance John.

If you are confident that the situation is appropriate and you have the confidence to deliver a relevant and non-offensive joke then by all means do consider using humour. But humour can be introduced into a presentation or public speaking without needing to deliver a joke. Adding observation humour, for example, "When I received our chairman's memo informing us of the board's expectations from us to deliver 20% growth this year, I thought that there had been a typo with the decimal point." if you company has experienced positive sales growth. Is a more subtle way to show that you are human without needing to try to attempt stand-up comedy.

The difficulty with trying to deliver a joke or to make your audience laugh is that it is a question of both timing and anticipation. Most often standup comedy is performed in clubs and facilities where the audience is consuming alcohol and so are more open to humour and comedy. Even so, in many instances, comedians do and often "die on stage" trying to be funny.

In a business scenario and sales presentation situation, the topic is no laughing matter. In fact it is critically serious to relaying the performance and success of a company.

I would advise against attempting to deliver jokes or humour in your presentation John.

Video backgrounds are a good way to gain attention to your slides, they are also in fact a very easy way to create a more professional looking slide layout and design.

We do have several professional seamlessly looping PowerPoint video background collections to choose from on our site John. In addition, we alos provide a custom design service, should you need your own unique video background or wish to add your company logo or watermark your company logo to a video background.

Since your presentation is on Thursday, if a custom video background design or the integration of your company logo onto a video background is the way you would like to go, please contact our creative department to allow our designers time to meet your request and presentation needs.
Jonathan Stock

Quote Curious George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 04:33
Good advice from both your guys.

Fareed, I'm going to add slide effects with video backgrounds to my presentation but I will refrain from the jokes. Jonathan, yes I would like to talk with someone in your creative department about creating a unique video background for my presentation. I think adding our corporate logo to an existing video background might be enough, but I think I will get greater effect if our logo was animated and 123ppt could produce a video background of our company logo spinning around or something?

How do we proceed? I would like the video background created as quickly as possible so I can add it to my presentation before Thursday.

John
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Jonathan Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 04:37
If you take contact with Charles Henry, here at 123PPT, he will be able to assist you further John. Charles is our Creative Director so he will have greater overview of available resources and be able to provide you with a budget and turn-around time etc.

You can contact him directly on this forum John by sending him a Private Message.

All the best with the up and coming presentation.
Jonathan Stock
 Post Reply Post Reply