POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

Sound problem need help ASAP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EricG View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote EricG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sound problem need help ASAP!
    Posted: 27 May 2011 at 02:33
Hey guys-

Straight to the point. I'm making a powerpoint presentation for tommorrow and I'm having a problem.

I made an animation to simply fly in a picture from offscreen to onscreen. i added a sound file under effect options for the animation and it works perfectly on my computer. BUT if i bring the presentation to any other computer it doesnt play?
The .wav's that i have playing for the slide transition works great and it's the same file format (.wav) for both the slide transition and the animation sound effect but it just will not play???

Any ideas or suggestions would be great. I have this presentation tommorrow so hopefully someone sees this before it's too late!

Thanks, Eric
Not all who wander are lost. Not all presenters can speak!
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 02:48

Hi Eric,

welcome to the 123PPT Community and the PowerPoint Forum.

It sounds to me as though what you are trying to achieve is to "embed" the sound file into your presentation so that it can be played on different computers?

PowerPoint by default will only embed relatively small WAV files (under 5MB). If a sound file that you try to embed in PowerPoint or on a PowerPoint slide is greater than 5MB then PowerPoint simply creates a relative link to the sound file and since you probably only copy your ppt presentation file to other computers then the sound file remains on your machine and so isn't played on other computers. 

In order to embed larger sound files Eric, you will need to tell the PowerPoint presentation you are authoring to embed the sound file of greater size.

If you follow this link Eric:

You can then follow step-by-step directions on how to embed your WAV file into your presentation so that it can be heard on other machines.

When you embed a file into a presentation Eric, remember that the physical size of the PowerPoint presentation file itself will increase by the size of the embedded file. So for example if you were embedding 4 sound files of 6MB each then suddenly your PowerPoint presentation would be 24MB's larger in filesize and be alot slower opening and running in Windows.

One way you can work around this is to use the 123PPT Music & SoundFX Studio.

The 123PPT Music & SoundFX Studio allows you to create playlists, control volume, create seamless loops and even fade music in and out inside PowerPoint. The 123PPT Music & SoundFX Studio does not embed your playlists and sound in your PowerPoint presentation ppt files themselves but exports the playlists with the presentation so when you play your presentation back on other machines the presentation opens quickly and plays smoothly. 

Let us know if we can help you further.
Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply