POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

Baptism Speech

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jess View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baptism Speech
    Posted: 27 May 2011 at 01:16

Hello 123ppt presenters can anyone help? We are getting our son baptised next month. I want to give a speech during the ceremony, thanking godparents etc. help!!!

Jess

Jonathan Stock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Jonathan Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 02:23

Hi Jess,

firstly on behalf of us all here at 123PPT.com many congratulations on the pending baptism of your child.

It is of course a momentous day, and naturally I understand your request for help and assistance. I think the most important thing to remember though Jess, is to breathe!

Take a deep breath....hold it for 5 seconds. Now let it out, and let your shoulders go completely limp and loose and let your arms fall completely to your sides.

Feels better doesn't it?

It is so important to relax Jess. I say this because if you are stressed or feeling tense, you will never relax enough to write what you want to write and everything will come across as awkward and unnatural.

Everybody feels and has empathy for anyone who must give a speech Jess. It's not a firing squad but a collection of family and friends gathered together to celebrate the baptism of your son.

I would start your speech with something along the lines of

"We are both so grateful that you could share with us this very special day today..."

And in all honesty Jess, I believe that that is precisely what you should focus on. Being honest. I am certain you will have feelings of pride, of happiness, of joy, and also relief!

I think you should tell your guests how proud you are that they were able to attend, and express both your own and your husbands feelings of joy.

If you are not a deeply religious family Jess then of course there is no great need to focus heavily on the religous aspect of the service more than necessary. For example, other than thanking the minister for performing the service etc., perhaps refrain from too many religous references if you feel them untrue or potential offensive to members of your family. Remember as I say, they are there to support you!

Thanking the god parents is of course perhaps the highlight of the speech, and again, I would rely on your honest feelings Jess. I am certain that you will feel honoured, privileged, and perhaps more importantly have peace of mind knowing that your son will have such devoted, kind, and caring god parents to help support him through this journey of life.

If you feel these things Jess, express them. As I say, take a deep breath, hold, then let it out and let your shoulders go limp and write what you feel.

It is of course very difficult to do more than this because in a way your speech will be much more warmly received the more personal it is.

I would write a few keywords down Jess, for example:

• Proud
  • Honoured
  • Joy
  • Happiness
  • Growth

And write what you mean by each word. Your speech will quickly fall into place as your duties of course will be to:

• Firstly thank the minsiter for the service and performing the baptism.
  • Secondly thank everyone for coming and sharing in this special day.
  • And third and finally to express both your own and your husbands sincerest thanks to the god parents.

I would end your speech Jess, as I say with perhaps expressing some of your own feelings. Of how happy you are, of how proud you feel right now. If tears feel like coming then let them come. I am certain everyone will run to you with a tissue, a big hug, and feel so glad to have been invited to be a part of your son's baptism.

I wish you and your family all the very best from all of us here at 123PPT Jess, and wish your son every success in his future.

Jonathan Stock
Presentation Consultant, www.123ppt.com
Jess View Drop Down

Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 02:38

Thank you Jonathan, what a great help and inspiration you have been.

I have what i think is an honest summary of what i want to get across so many thanks to you once again not only for all your help but for your best wishes.

Jess

Post Reply Post Reply