POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

Total newbie slide presentation problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JT View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Total newbie slide presentation problem
    Posted: 25 May 2011 at 04:17

My first effort running powerpoint 2010. Got 40 slides that show images scrunched up and squashed vertically. I have tried sync and tracking with no improvement. I have tried all resolutions with the same result. The images show up fine in program mode but in slide show mode it changes proportions. Any suggestions appreciated. I am steep into the learning curve guys. Thanks!

admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 04:19

Hi James,

welcome to the 123PPT Community and the PowerPoint Forum.

I'm not sure I totally follow your post James...so if you clarify a few points I can hopefully assist you. When you write "40 slides that show images scrunched up and squashed vertically. I have tried sync and tracking with no improvement."

Are you running the slide show on a television monitor or off a PC? Is the PowerPoint presentation running as a PPT file or off a DVD or other hard copy format media?

I ask James as I wonder what you mean by " I have tried sync and tracking with no improvement."

Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
JT View Drop Down

Quote JT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 04:21
Thanks for your reply. I am running the presentation from a laptop thru an Epson projector. On my laptop the images display correctly in basically a rectangular format. Thru the projector they display "squarish" and therefore effectively cropped. That's my problem. Any ideas?
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 04:30

James, sounds to me that this is very much a resolution issue.

Your Epson projector most likely is set to a different aspect ratio than your PC.

If you right click your desktop the dialogue properties box displays. click the tab that says "Settings". The display settings for your monitor (pc screen) is most likely set to either 1024x768 or 1280x1024 if your laptop or pc is running in 4:3 aspect ratio.

It may well be that your projector is set in 16:9 (widescreen mode) and so is running in for example 1280x768 or something as high as 1920x1080.

This will create problems such as "squashing" and those issues you describe James because of the different apsect ratios being used.

The aspect ratio of your PC needs to be set to the same as that of your projector. (Since it is projectors which generally have greater limitation and less flexibility).

View the various output settings of your projector and select the highest output setting. Typically it is 1024x768 for older projectors and up to 1920x1080 (High-Definition or HD) for newer ones. If your projector is a widescreen projector and your PC has a widescreen monitor set both to the same resolution.

If your laptop or PC is in widescreen moed but your projector is 4:3 apsect ratio then adjust your screen display properties to the same size as the projector. It may look "strange" on your laptop but if your laptop screen is a widescreen and your projector is not then you must set your laptop screen to a 4:3 mode (1024x768 or 1280x1024 for example) in order to ensure that what you are seeing on your laptop is what you will see on your projector.

From your further explanation James, it's almost certain that your laptop pc and your projector are not in the same aspect ratio and so what looks good on your pc (as you author it) becomes distorted and squashed or stretched on your projector as it displays the signal in a differing aspect ratio.

Check the output settings of your projector first then adjust your pc accordingly to it. You will almost certainly have to adjust/ scale various objects in your presentation in order to have them display correctly in the new aspect ratio setting. Since this is determined by your projector, unfortunately this you must do unless you purchase a new projector that can match the aspect ratio display settings of your current pc setup.

Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply