POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

Can't get sound to loop correctly in PowerPoint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FrankieB View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote FrankieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't get sound to loop correctly in PowerPoint
    Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 02:46
Hey guys,

I'm really getting frsutrated and irritated by PowerPoint at the minute. I'm trying to add a music loop onto the first slide that should play throughout the presentation.

I've got 2 problems:
  1. The music loop won't loop or play without a delay. At the end of each loop there's a delay before it starts to play over and I can't seem to make it play without a pause.
  2. Whenever another sound plays it stops the music loop. It won't play over the music loop and I can't seem to get 2 sounds to play at once.

Does or has anyone had similar problems? How can I solve thes sound problems in PowerPoint?

Thanks guys.
Frankie
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 03:14
Hi Frank,
welcome to the 123PPT Community!

When you insert a sound file to play in PowerPoint you can choose to loop it using PowerPoint's sound properties. The only problem with this function is that it is like playing a music track in Windows Media Player and setting it to repeat. When the sound loops and repeats there is a delay or pause between PowerPoint replaying the sound file which creates a pause or delay.

This gap in playing the sound defeats the whole purpose of looping sound in PowerPoint because not only do you become aware of the loop but of when it starts and when it ends.

We created an application called the 123PPT Music & SoundFX Studio which is a  PowerPoint Add-in and lets you loop your music tracks and loops seamlessly so that they repeat and play without any pauses or delays.

The   123PPT Music & SoundFX Studio is available to download and try as a free 14 day trial version Frank to let you test drive and get the opportunity to try the functionality of our software for free during the free trial period.
Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
FrankieB View Drop Down

Quote FrankieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 03:19

That's excellent. Thanks admin. I'll download it now and give it a try. Sounds like it's the solution to all my problems with sound in PowerPoint!

Does the 123PPT Music & SoundFX Studio let me play another sound over the top of a loop without stopping the loop?

What I mean is, say I have a slide in PowerPoint and the slide is playing a sound or piece of music on repeat. As I move to the next slide, the sound is still playing because it is set to repeat throughout the presentation, I also want to play another sound but I don't want the first sound which is set to loop to stop.

Is it possible to have a sound play on top of a sound which is already looping on a slide in PowerPoint?

Thanks,
Frankie 
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 03:32
The simple answer is yes Frank!

The 123PPT Music & SoundFX Studio for PowerPoint lets you create playlists for your music and loops and you can do much more than just loop sound and repeat sound in PowerPoint. With the 123PPT Music & SoundFX Studio you can control the volume of each piece of sound, fade music in, fade music out, cross fade between your music tracks, pan music and even narrate your PowerPoint presentations.

Using the Playlist Editor in the 123PPT Music & SoundFX Studio you can create your PowerPoint music playlists and add audio effects such as loop, repeat and shuffle either to your enitre playlist or to each individual track in your playlists.

The Playlist Editor also allows you to add and synchronize addition sounds and sound effects.

So for example, imagine you have a sound playing on repeat and looping throughout your presentation and on slide 3 of your presentation you want to play another sound on top of the looping sound which is already playing. You can not only add another piece of sound to play at the same time as the looping sound which is already playing on repeat. But you can choose when and how the new sound should play. If it should start at slide transition or at the start of a Custom Animation effect for example.

The 123PPT Music & SoundFX Studio for PowerPoint gives you complete control over your sound, music and sound effects in PowerPoint and provides you with all new features, functions and tools to make the most of sound in PowerPoint.
Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply