POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

Help - Can't import my video backgrounds!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
robertm View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote robertm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help - Can't import my video backgrounds!
    Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 04:28
I can't import my video backgrounds. Why?

-Robert
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 04:49
Hi Robert!

Welcome to the 123PPT Community. Nice to have you here with us.

Can you give us a few more details of your problem Robert so we can help you?

Are you trying to import video backgrounds downloaded from our website or your own video files?
Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
robertm View Drop Down

Quote robertm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 05:37
Yes I purchased the Standard Deluxe Edition and I am trying to import videos that I bought from another site before I heard about 123PPT.

I bought video bcakgrounds from a site which said they were selling PowerPoint Video Backgrounds, but then after I buy them I find out that I cannot import them and PowerPoint can't use them. I am very angry but they don't give me money back.

So only solution is to buy 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio but that is not recognising video backgrounds and I can't import them please help!

Thank you
- Robert
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 05:58
Hi Robert,

sorry to hear that like a growing number of other presenters you have been fooled into purchasing video backgrounds by third-party providers who claim that their videos are video backgrounds for PowerPoint.

We are getting many mails everyday from presenters who have been mislead by promises and marketing texts and have bought videos in good faith believing that they are PowerPoint video backgrounds and can be used as video backgrounds in PowerPoint.

It is very unfair and like selling someone gasoline and telling them they can travel for miles, without telling them they actually need a car to put the gasoline in.

I think the worst cases we see are also from users who purchase Apple Quicktime videos (.MOV) which are offered online and sold as video backgrounds for PowerPoint.

Not only are they not video backgrounds for PowerPoint, but they are actually in a format which is only native to the Macintosh platform and to play these videos on the pc you need to install the Apple Quicktime Player.

PowerPoint alone does not allow you to insert or use video as a background behind slide content in your presentations. For these reasons Robert, we created the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio, which is the only application that allows you to not only insert video backgrounds in PowerPoint, but also control your video backgrounds and adjust settings such as aspect ratio, color, play back speed, transparency levels.

The 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio is available in 3 different licensed versions Robert. The Standard Edition does not allow you to import your own video files, movies or YouTube clips for use as video backgrounds.

The 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio Standard Edition allows you to import and use any and all video backgrounds purchased and downloaded from our site.

If you want to be able to import your own video clips, files or YouTube clips for use in your PowerPoint presentations as video backgrounds you must purchase the Lite Edition or the Deluxe Edition  license.

The Lite Edition license is limited to allowing you to import up to and no more than 3 video files for use as video backgrounds. If you wish to import more video files for use as video backgrounds then you would need to purchase the optional Lite To Deluxe Edition Upgrade license.

Since you have already purchased the Standard Edition Robert, it is not possible to "downgrade" to the Lite Edition. We do however offer an optional upgrade license for the Standard Edition which allows you to upgrade the Standard Edition to the full Deluxe Edition if you wisah to be able to use the third-party videos that you purchased as video backgrounds in your PowerPoint presentations.

You can upgrade your Standard to Deluxe Edition license by simply purchasing the Standard To Deluxe Upgrade license.

I am afraid that the upgrade does cost $100 Robert. Butt his will then allow you to import all your video clips, file movies and YouTube movies for use in your PowerPoint presentations as video backgrounds without limitation.
Admin, 123PPT
robertm View Drop Down

Quote robertm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 06:04
I guess in one way it is good to heare that I am not the only one who has been victim to sites that are cheating presenters and saying they offer video backgrounds for PowerPoint when is not possible to use them in PowerPoiint at all without the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio.

But on the other hand, I am so angry that it is possible that sites can get away with this. Can 123PPT not do more marketing and warn as many presenters as possible not to purchase videos from sites that say they are offering video backgrounds for PowerPoint? Can 123PPT not warn presenters that if they want to use video backgrounds in PowerPoint that they should go to 123PPT and get 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio and only then it is possible to use video backgrounds in PowerPoint?
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 06:13
Hi Robert,

sadly it's not so simple. You know many sites purchase Google Ads and place banners promoting video backgrounds for PowerPoint all over the Internet.

Of course they don't want to tell presenters that if you want to use video backgrounds in PowerPoint then you actually need the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio because this is the only way you can insert video backgrounds behind slide content.

Since most of these misleading sites are only selling video files and are only third-party resellers getting commission from other people's work, I'm afraid it's easier for them to get presenters money and then make the presenter fight to get it back than to tell the presenters the truth about their products and know that they wouldn't get any sales.

I wish we lived in a more honest world Robert, but all we can do at 123PPT is tell presenters the truth, provide them with the products, solutions and media they need to make their presentations as good as they can be and support them whenever they need help or require assistance.

We don't use money on advertising banners or marketing Robert, because we don't want to increase the price of our products to pay for advertising. By keeping our prices as low as possible we try to make our media, products and software available for everyone.
Admin, 123PPT
 Post Reply Post Reply