POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

Is there a limit to the length of a video background?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cherylb View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cherylb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is there a limit to the length of a video background?
    Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 07:36

I was wondering if there is a length to the duration of a video background in the 12PPT Video Backgrounds Studio? For example, 20 seconds, 1 minute etc.,

Is there a limitation to the length of a video background in PowerPoint?

Thanx, Cheryl
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 07:50
Hi Cheryl, welcome to the 123PPT Community.

There is no limit to the length of a video you can in the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio for use for a video background in your PowerPoint presentations.

There is also no limit to the actual size of the video either so you could use very small thumbsize video files right up to screen resolutions beyond full broadcast quality High-Definition (HD) resolutions of 1920x1080.

It is possible to use video movies, clips and files that are very long such as full length films lasting over 90 minutes if needed. But as with any video performance product Cheryl, using such long clips is not always recommended because of the requirements of your system resources to load and play your video backgrounds and presentation most specially on older slower computers with more limited resources.

One of the things we pride ourselves upon is the ability for the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio, 123PPT Music & SoundFX Studio and the 123PPT Presentations Player to all run even on very old pc computers and platforms for example Windows 2000 and PowerPoint 2000 which are now both over 12 years old!

Our only rule of thumb is to remember that if you are creating a presentation to share and distribute with others that should play on computers other than yourt own, then remember that some computers may be this old and not have the available memory resources to play a video background file that is several Gigabytes in filesize. 
Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
cherylb View Drop Down

Quote cherylb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 07:59
Thank you so much for replying admin.

I want to import a video now to use as a video background but did not want to use up one of my video imports in the Lite Edition if the file was too long.

The video is a film production created for our company that lasts about 12 minutes and is 28 megabytes.

Originally I wanted to play this clip as a link in PowerPoint but PowerPoint simply launches it in media player I think and I thought it would be rather nice if I just advanced to the next slide of the presentation and the next slide was just blank buty used the video as a video background. That way the video would be playing full screen and inside my PowerPoint presentation not as a clip in front of my PowerPoint slides that I have to maximize and play and then close and go back to PowerPoint again.

Do you have any experience with this way of using the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio? I realize its not the usual run of the mill way to use the application and that ideally the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio should be used for inserting and controlling video backgrounds behind PowerPoint slide content but this is perhaps another use of the program which is really beneficial to us PowerPoint presenters.

Cheryl
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 08:21

We have quite a few presenters who use the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio to play corporate films and videos and do so using the 123PPT Video Backgrouds Studio Cheryl, because it does allow you to integrate the video into your presentation.

But if you did wish to use PowerPoint's own in built controls to play for example your corporate film, you could use the Insert > Movie option from the PowerPoint main menu, you insert your video file onto the PowerPoint slide infront of your slide content.

Using the scale handles on the file you can scale the video to fill the full size of your screen.

The video could be set to play automaitcally so that when you reach this slide the video begins to play.

You could do this without needing the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio.

The problem in using the insert option in PowerPoint is that if you click on your slide to try to advance your presentation to the next slide it will instead pause the video. The same if you use the arrow keys to try to progress to the next slide while the film is playing. First it will pause the film and only if you press advance again, will it then advance.

The 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio lets you play your corporate video as a background so for example at certain points during the video you could display key words and text over and in front of the video just to emphasis key points.

For example, if your company worked with manufacturing and the corporate video was showing an engineer examining machinery. By using the 123PPT Video Backgrounds Studio to play the video as a video background, you could then type and display the word Quality or Precision or some other relevant key word on your slide that could display onscreen for a limited time to really emphasis the point of the film or until you reach the next key point of the film.

This way you put key words into your audience's mind and give them values to associate with your company.
Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply