POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

Advice on my Job Interview

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Son Of Playstation View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Son Of Playstation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice on my Job Interview
    Posted: 18 May 2011 at 07:52

I've a job interview coming up next week...any advice of what I should keep in mind?

Maybe a kind of 10 tips to job interview success, as you wrote in the thread http://www.123ppt.com/powerpoint/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=160, Top 10 presentation tips.

Thanks

SOP

Jonathan Stock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Jonathan Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 08:05

Hi Son of Playstation,

I guess my first tip would definitely not to go to the interivew and answer as Son of Playstation when they ask your name! Wink

Of course job interviews are always a bit nerve wrecking, but if I had to give a top 10 of interview tips for a job interview, then I would say:

Preparation
Make sure that you research the prospective employer/ company so that you can ask questions about the company and answer questions about it as well.

Why you?
List the top 3 reasons why you want work for this employer and why this employer should employ you. These will become your key arguments, and will also show the employer how serious you consider the posiiton.

List your accomplishments, skills and experience
You've probably already outlined these in your curriculum vitae (CV), but remind yourself of your accomplishments, your skills, and your achievements. Try to think how each one is also reelvant to the postion that you are seeking. For example, if you excelled in football, you could say this is an example of how you work hard as a team member, for the greater good of the team, yet excel as an indiviudal etc.

Punctuality
Arrive at least ten minutes before your interview time!

Consider your appearance
It is said that over 80% of the interviewer's impression is visual. So make sure that you are wearing clean, pressed suitable clothing. And make sure you are well groomed, wearing little or no cologne.

Body Language
Rembmer body language is a tell tale sign that illustrates mood and character. When being addressed, always lean forward slightly to express your interest. Keep your shoulders back and head up to show confidence. And most importantly, avoid fidgeting. Fidgeting always makes one seen nervous or insecure.

Think about your value
Remember to stay focused on your benefit to the prospective employer.

Eye contact
You're not on a date so don't worry. Maintain eye contact with your interviewer so they can be assured of your interest and intention.

The next step
The worst thing you can do is leave an interivewer without knowing what is the next step. Is there a second interview for short list candidates? Is there a proficiency test? Make sure you know the next step in the process before you leave the interview.

Handshake
Important when entering and when leaving the interview. A firm handshake shows confidence. When you first enter the room make sure you give a firm handshake to those present whilst introducing yourself, and again when leaving the interivew. 

A handshake is an acknowledgement of trust in a way, and a firm handshake your sign of commitment.
Jonathan Stock
Presentation Consultant, www.123ppt.com
Son Of Playstation View Drop Down

Quote Son Of Playstation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 04:52

Thanks Jonathan, I'll make sure not to introduce myself as SOP

and your tips were very useful.

Many thanks,.

SOP

admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 04:56

Hi guys,

I always found that it's important to:
  • Be positive and upbeat.
  • Avoid any negative comments especially about former employers, associates or positions.
  • Be honest about your experience. 
at any job interview. Not that I've had that many...
Admin, 123PPT
http://www.123ppt.com
Jonathan Stock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Jonathan Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 04:59

Yes Admin, that's true,.

perhaps I should also say, to make sure that you always acknowledge questions and comments with nods and affirmative comments. In other words, show interest not only with your words, but in your expression.

But then I guess that would make this a top 11 tips for a job interview?

Jonathan Stock
Presentation Consultant, www.123ppt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply