POWERPOINT FORUMGet The Answers To Your Questions About PowerPoint

Join the community of users at the PowerPoint Forum and share your knowledge and experience of PowerPoint to help others creating presentations.

Help Help  Search   Register Register  Login Login
PowerPoint Templates, Video Backgrounds for PowerPoint, Animated Backgrounds for PowerPoint and Presentation Services
Download Free PowerPoint Templates
Download Free PowerPoint Animated BackgroundsPOWERPOINT ENHANCEMENT SOFTWARE
123PPT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS STUDIO™
123PPT MUSIC & SOUNDFX STUDIO™
123PPT MULTIMEDIA STUDIO™
123PPT PRESENTATIONS PLAYER™
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT MEDIA PRODUCTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds NEW POWERPOINT VIDEO BACKGROUNDS
POWERPOINT TEMPLATES
POWERPOINT BACKGROUNDS
PHOTOS & IMAGES
POWERPOINT MUSIC
POWERPOINT SOUND EFFECTS
FONTS
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds CUSTOM PRESENTATION SERVICES
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds
SHOPPING CART Your Shopping Cart Is Empty
Buy PPT Templates and PowerPoint Designs
Download Free Music For PowerPoint POWERPOINT HELP
Download Free PowerPoint Animated Backgrounds POWERPOINT FORUM
FREE NEWSLETTER
PRESENTATION ARTICLES
POWERPOINT GUIDE
POWERPOINT TIPS
POWERPOINT FAQ'S
RESOURCES
SITE MAP
CONTACT US

Speech about violence on television

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Torgil View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Torgil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speech about violence on television
    Posted: 28 May 2011 at 02:07
I am to give a speech about violence on television and wondered if you had any ideas I could incorporate into my speech?

-Torgil
Charles Henry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Charles Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 02:11
Hi Torgil, welcome to the PowerPoint Forum.,

I think it's always important to set the right mode for a presentation subject so you might consider using one of these PowerPoint templates.

or

Both set the stage for a presentation concerning children and exposure to television.
Charles Henry,
Creative Director, www.123ppt.com
Jonathan Stock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Jonathan Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 02:13

Hi Torgil,

welcome indeed to the 123PPT Community.

I think the subject of violence on television always proves a valid debate.

On one side, many believe that exposure to violence and violent imagery is reflected to a greater degree by our increasingly violent society.

On the other hand, many believe that exposure to violent images on television is a preventative measure. As in having seen how certain types of violence result prevents many from curiousity and perhaps in extreme cases wishing to expericence its effects.

One could argue Torgil that in order to give a full and thorough speech one might discuss all aspects of the subject, from all sides.

May I ask the orientation of the speech?

Jonathan Stock
Presentation Consultant, www.123ppt.com
Torgil View Drop Down

Quote Torgil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 02:15

Thanks for the power point template tips Charles. My speech is to discuss the impact of violence on television upon youth cultures. It is not to view all sides of the subject but to focus on how constant exposure to these images is effecting our society.

-Torgil
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Jonathan Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 02:18

Then I think I would begin with something along the lines of asking your audience:

"What’s the most violent thing you’ve ever seen on television?

• A murder?
  • An assassination?
  • A deadly explosion?
  • A war report on the nightly news?
  • Perhaps a rape?
  • Perhaps a gang rape?

Whatever it was, the chances are, that image is etched in your memory.

As balanced people we know those images won’t do us any harm. Don't we? And we know those images certainly couldn't do our children any harm since they are either too young to understand or too violent for them to relate too?

Or do we?

Could it be that even balanced people such as ourselves are somehow affected by TV violence?"

Jonathan Stock
Torgil View Drop Down

Quote Torgil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 02:19

This was really really good Jonathan, thank you.

Do you think I should discuss video games and violence as well?

-Torgil
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Jonathan Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 02:21

A good point Torgil.

It is a very hot topic at the moment that video games and violence is affecting children and youth cultures and glorifying it.

One only has to think of video game titles such as Grand Theft Auto, which is now more reknowned for it's viloence and encouragement of violence to get what you want and violence for violence sake in that the usr is encouraged to simply beat and hurt virtual characters to steal cars and beat them for no other reason other than entertainment value.

One could easily argue that encouraging children to endorse violence towards others simply for entertainment value, whether in the virtual world or the real world, provides no other purpose other than to glorify it and to transform it into a "fun" thing to do.

I think this subject has a very real part to play in a speech about violence on tv.

Jonathan Stock
 Post Reply Post Reply